Tuesday, November 19, 2019

happier place preferred

i went to perform at an open-mic and upon arrival I hear my name, and found out it was meant to be a distraction. this was from the one that often has the muppet doll. two people were arguing, but one was saying more than the other. the mic did not happen, or at least it did not proceed beyond a 'suspended' status. so when I arrived at candyland to get some popcorn, I said I was there because I preferred a happier place. then it was on to a karaoke venue as I still wanted some stagetime. I arrived before the start of karaoke, and did the first song. I chose 'we can work it out' by the beatles, inspired by what I had seen at the first venue. it was either that or 'bad blood' by taylor swift. I got a drink ticket for performing, so now it means figuring out when I will return to use it and what I will be having. this is a big deal as this is a venue I visit on a less frequent basis in the past year.
   at work I was told not to call myself an 'incompetent idiot' because of having to hand off a call after IT problems. I said I wanted to avoid looking like one to the caller, which to me is a difference. some of these issues are happening because I hate being a rookie. but I think it also makes a difference as to who is helping me on the resource line. some people are better than others, and I just hate having to repeat myself. and I don't know what else to do when it becomes an in-person thing because they arrive at my cube to discuss it further.


No comments:

Post a Comment