Friday, November 8, 2019

the big peach

I noticed the star tribune sports section was a throwback 'peach color' as the gopher football team has been doing well for the first time since the 1960s. I recall the sunday edition of the des moines register being called 'the big peach' for this reason. but it was just the first page with this color.
   at work it was the second day of rotations, I took 4 calls near the end of the day but I didn't like who was shadowing me. they called i.t. over and I don't think anything was wrong with my computer. and I had to keep putting callers on hold because they were too pushy. I could have figured it out on my own. we have Monday off and are due back on Tuesday. I am still waiting to hear what our schedule is for that day, as there was no email yet about the rotations. I met with my boss before lunch and she was interested in how I do karaoke. I am more willing to talk about this than doing stand-up. although I get some of the same kind of questions. the calls I was getting seemed to be more representative of what I will get, plenty of questions about the property tax refund forms. one of them just wanted to know if there still was time to file it, and I said yes because the deadline is in august if next year, giving people an extra year. so I didn't even ask them for any information to look at their account.
   in the evening I watched 'la bamba' on DVD. it still works for me on lessons about performing. I had considered watching 'good will hunting', which i say is my favorite movie, but I have strong feelings for 'la bamba' as well since it is a musician biography. after the late news I did some karaoke, one song. it was 'invisible touch' by genesis. much like most selections, I was inspired to choose it by hearing it on the radio recently.


No comments:

Post a Comment