Wednesday, November 13, 2019

double piece of cornbread

i went to perform tonight and when I got my drink order in the chef said there was cornbread, and I was pleased to get a double piece. but I ate only one there, and decided to take the other one home. since it was wrapped in aluminum foil it was no problem preserving it. some of what I said was in response to what the show runner was saying, and I said 'we covered it last week'. one performer I hadn't seen in a while, and found out goes by initials. it might have been the first time for him at this venue. he once asked me a question then I found out he wanted help on writing something on a laptop, so once I found out I said I couldn't help him since I wouldn't get credit for what was written. I prefer that people be honest with me. I liked how the chef gave me a line for the show runner, when I was called to the stage while I was getting my order in. no doubt it was more quickly than I was expecting.
   at work I did take calls on my own, but only starting just before midday. I wanted to get caught up on administrative things, so I looked up some things and made a list of questions to ask my boss. except my boss was on the way to a meeting, so it will have to wait. this was likely the last day of having an hour-long lunch. but I know there are adjustments that must be made at times, and I know better than to be picky as I like being back at work and having a productive routine. this was the final day listed on the pages for our days of training.


No comments:

Post a Comment