Thursday, November 14, 2019

yoplait peach yogurt

this morning at work there was a breakfast for us new employees. one of the things I had there was Yoplait peach yogurt. it had been a while since I had eaten yogurt. I also had a jelly donut from dunkin. then there was the department staff meeting a little later on. I ended up staying late because a call ran long. it was from somebody who was representing their deceased parents. this wasn't a case of it going 5 minutes over, it was more like 30 minutes. so it means putting in a request on my time card to have it entered as 'comp time'. as this is one option, the other being overtime. eventually I was advised to conference in a colleague that was helping me with it. when this happens I saw it as being 'above my pay grade'. after work I saw a letter from the test scoring company, an annual mailing. it said I would be offered work next season, but even though I liked the work I am hopeful I won't need it. I am on a direct-hire position now. although I will admit I liked having the option of it being available for a second season when there were no other offers.
   in the evening I stopped at the library on the way to the karaoke bar and printed some things, some orders I had made. then I did two songs. 'china grove' by the doobie brothers, and 'when smokey sings' by abc. during the second song I saw somebody arguing with the karaoke jockey, but I knew I had to ignore it so I liked being 'above the craziness'. it teaches me the importance of priorities. I can control what is happening onstage when I am there. the first song was chosen as I wanted one that made me think of  Iowa, my native state. the song was in 'field of dreams' and I am going to my native state this weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment