Sunday, November 3, 2019

abandoned air conditioner

I had to do laundry today, and walking between home and the laundromat while waiting for it to finish I saw an abandoned air conditioning unit next to a dumpster. I got a picture of it, and one big reason why was seeing the brand name on it- maytag. this was my dad's company. I am not sure where these units were made. but not necessarily in the same town as the laundry equipment. I know I could bring a book to read, but I like the walking for exercise.
   the day started with me taking the rental car back, after going to the gas station first so I could return it with a full tank. there was a wait to take the bus home after returning, since it is sunday. I was one of five when the bus left the stop I boarded. I passed by a TV and a pro football game was on, it was the 'London game', Texans-jaguars.
   after I got back from doing laundry, it was time for lunch. I had the Vikings-chiefs game on, it was halftime, tied 10-10. but I was tired and fell asleep, and missed much of the second half, the Vikings lost 26-23. I shut it off because I needed to get other things done, such as checking email, before watching 'the simpsons'. it was about bart and lisa freeing zoo animals, and jane Goodall was a guest star. then I did a long walk around the neighborhood, as usual it was helpful to clear my mind. it meant making a list when I got back, with the things I needed to get done. I did the dishes, and got more comedy souvenirs into a binder.

No comments:

Post a Comment