Monday, November 11, 2019

an actor prepares movie

i watched a DVD on loan from the library, 'an actor prepares'. I recognized only one actor in it, Jeremy irons. it was about an actor going across the country to get to a wedding, while traveling with his estranged son. I like road movies, so when I heard about it I said it has to go on my list. at one point I said 'this made sense' where he gave somebody the slip, and I should have expected it. as a baseball fan of course I liked how one scene was at a minor-league baseball game. another one was with the green giant statue. but I also saw in the closing credits how it was filmed on location in Georgia. I noticed a house in one scene had a plate up saying it was on the national register of historic places, so more things for me to look up. I have been to plenty of car shows, so I liked seeing a classic sports car in this movie, a Plymouth barracuda. of course when it is a road movie there has to be some hazards along the way to make it more interesting, wondering if they will make it on time.
    I got plenty done today on a day off, for veterans day. I did plenty of online surveys, it was delayed due to technical problems from the previous day. and I got the movie back to the library, then went to lunch at Kentucky fried chicken. after this I got a haircut and went to pick up some items at the family dollar. I liked how the wait at sport clips was much shorter than expected. in the evening I went to perform, and when I arrived I found out there was a student reporter from the local university, so I did an audio interview and she was there to record our performances as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment