Thursday, November 28, 2019

free bread

I have been eating some 'free bread' this week. it is hot dog buns from aldi. it was nice to find on my way out of the store, the cart was put out just before I went through the checkout line. there were loaves of bread as well, but I figured the hot dog buns were enough. a pack of 8, eating by myself, means they will still get eaten in a timely fashion. I noticed the 'sell by' date of nov. 26, explaining why they likely became available in a free cart. I am down to one bun, which will work well with dinner the next day. I went to order thanksgiving dinner tonight, and found out the place was all booked up, even with carry-out, until evening. so it means eating something else at midday. you get what you get when ordering on short notice.
    at work I stayed a few minutes past the end of my shift for the third straight day. this tends to happen when getting a call just before the end of my scheduled leave time. this was sending an inquiry on amended income tax returns. there were three, and two of them were last touched 6 months ago. I want to see that things are done right, and it means looking up the procedure first. and wanting it cleared before I leave. so not a big deal, just take a later bus home. it was a sparse crowd on the bus, but this can happen if people are off a little early for the holiday. at lunchtime I made it to another building to get a bus pass with my name on it. this meant taking 60 minutes for lunch.
   I went to perform in the evening, and the three karaoke stories from the past week went over well. I started off my set with mention of hearing music from the main room, it was music videos on a TV monitor. I could hear 'truth hurts' by lizzo real well, so before I went on I went close to the door so I could hear it better. there was a contest for a gift at the end of the show, a minute on stage about turkeys. I also spoke with some new performers after the show, one of them moved here from texas for graduate school.


No comments:

Post a Comment