Friday, November 1, 2019

pumpkin spice cereal

I went to Walgreen for my weekly order after work. one of the things I picked up was pumpkin spice cereal, Kellogg's frosted mini wheats. it was not on sale, although it was in the seasonal aisle with many other things discounted since it is now after Halloween. not a big deal though. it tasted good when I had some after getting home. of course I picked up a paper as well, so I have the movie times for the weekend. I picked up 6 pieces of candy, 2 of them reese's peanut butter and the other 4 were Russell stover. and I had to get some string cheese. the cereal serves as the replacement for the normal single serving of mini-donuts.
   at work we had a team building event at the end of the day, about communication. it made sense since we will be on the phones with taxpayers. this also led to re-arranging the tables in the training room in the basement. I went to HR to ask for information on the first break about the short term disability coverage, and four flyers were given. I was also told they were in the new hire orientation packet, so on another break I checked them and returned the three I already had. the first day was a blur and I pulled those out. so hopefully I will find the time soon to look at them. although I really like walking during lunchtime, and today was no different.
   in the evening I read some from a book, a graphic novel adaption of 'working' by studs terkel. I wanted to get primed for seeing the play this weekend. I meant finding it in one of my bookcases first, but I guessed well so it didn't take long. then after the news was done I went to sing some karaoke. I did two songs tonight, a light crowd, and the karaoke jockey encouraged me to do a second one for this reason. it was 'owner of a lonely heart' by yes, and 'welcome to the black parade' by my chemical romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment