Thursday, January 30, 2020

abandoned roses

I noticed there were some roses left behind on a table at the karaoke bar I was performing at tonight. I am not sure why they were abandoned. but I am used to seeing a flower salesman show up to sell them every so often. I did two songs tonight, 'what I really want' by alanis morisette, and '29 palms' by Robert plant. I let a server know I might be back in a few days for a friend's birthday party, this is the 'loopy one'. she said she probably won't be there that day.
   we had the weekly staff meeting, or 'convention', in the morning. I got annoyed with somebody upon arrival as they made a snide comment about my shirt, an NFL team that isn't playing in the upcoming super bowl. this is why I have a more generic winter coat now, because of how divisive that sports can be of one happens to root for a rival team. in the afternoon I let my boss know about getting a call from an ex-employee of the department, because we had to get past his greeting and figure out what he was calling about. it became a garden-variety form order request. I liked seeing some dinner rolls at lunchtime, so I claimed some for later. there was also somebody who noticed my name and I liked hearing a story they told me about it, and right after the call ended I said 'I am using that one!' referring to how it will be a good story to tell in comedy sets. although I still have not told anyone at work about doing stand-up, only about karaoke as that is a safer subject to cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment