Monday, January 6, 2020

simpsons cels

I liked how it was largely a lazy sunday for me. one thing I got done was getting more items into a binder, aided by getting sheet protectors for baseball cards this weekend. it was just 10 pages, but I made the most of it. five of them went to getting cels from 'the simpsons' filed away, one of my e-bay orders from a while back. the others went to a baseball card order from Walgreen. I got it down to just 12 cards not yet filed, and as usual there were some duplicates to put aside and then shred. I hadn't done this in a while. there were so many other things that were higher priority especially when they were left in a box out of the way. there was 28 of the 30 major league teams represented. for the animated cels, I recognized some of the images. one of them was homer at moe's tavern sitting on a stool with the barflies. they covered plenty of characters, so it is worth having. it led to me fishing out a greeting card from a box that was all 'simpsons' and 'star wars' collectibles. I put those cards in the photo albums with the postcards.
   I did watch some of the special features from the DVD, 'true stories', before getting it back to the library, but not a lot. and of course I got another movie while there, arriving in the final hour of the day. I watched a ending of one of the NFL playoff games, Vikings- saints, Vikings won in overtime. the episode of 'the simpsons' was about lisa becoming more popular due to smiling. as usual, another smart idea from this show, still some good social commentary in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment