Tuesday, January 7, 2020

crafts at potluck

we had another mixer today, two sessions. I attended the first one. there was craft making first, then lunching. I said it reminded me of making a 'god's eye' at church, except it was much smaller and it meant using pins and wrapping a string around them, 16 in all, a total of 33 times. it sounded like a late Christmas event. not sure how many new people I met though, at one point I just heard people talking about the chances the Vikings have in their playoff game this weekend. I was lost when some of the trivia was done as I don't know 'game of thrones'. near the end of the day I got another scored call and it was a high score. but I still want to listen to the call when I have the time.
   I made it to the new venue of a show I have performed at before, I was show closer. I arrived just as the flautist was wrapping up her set. she asked me about jobs with the census bureau, I said I hadn't worked there yet. but I did tell her about working for a test scoring company, two seasons. so I sent her a message through facebook and hopefully she will hear something from the lead I have sent her. I like the new venue, much larger stage. it is in lowertown, close to the farmers market and the saints baseball stadium. it sounds like there was a beef between the show runner and a violin player, but I am not a peacemaker so I am not getting involved with a beef. let them figure it out on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment