Monday, January 20, 2020

hardcore history podcast

a manager at my job spoke of dan carlin, doing the 'hardcore history podcast'. I finally looked it up, on youtube, except most of the episodes given were too long, well over an hour. I found one that was about 15 minutes, comparing alexander the great with adolf hitler. this seems to be too much of a stretch, as a history major. there are cities named for the former, including Alexandria in Egypt. but that is not the case with the latter. at some point I might want to find some more episodes, but when I really have the time. printing the Wikipedia article reminded me how it was on my list to look it up.
  I found things to do today despite having the day off for the holiday. some of it was getting caught up on what needed to be added to the comedy souvenir binder. it meant getting more sheet protectors at the dollar store to keep going, but I had a dollar saved so it was no big deal. another thing was to call about event tickets. one of them, for the Minnesota twins fan-fest this weekend, has been changed to will-call. the other is the gopher hockey game. the office was closed, but I can call on Tuesday to see about that one. hopefully the same option will be offered.
   I also went to perform in the evening. I mentioned a writer friend in Houston since the show runner likes to do a southern accent when doing my intro. in a later set, a musician, I noticed the show runner dancing with the flautist. I had seen this before, and when I sing karaoke I like it because I can tell people are really enjoying it. the flautist did not play the flute tonight, she did a poem that mentioned a place was burning but I think it was a metaphor related to the plight of a destitute person. I could tell it was hard for her to recite, as she sometimes paused. but I like to see passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment