Monday, January 27, 2020

tv tray and stool

I was the 'live blogger' at a show just after midday. I show runner sent me home with a TV tray and a stool, the price tag stickers are still on them. they are for me to bring to the later shows, since the laptop I was using was on the tray. I haven't had comedy souvenirs like this before! it was nice to get jello shots during the show. I did 6 postings. there was a different lineup of comics than last month, and I liked seeing the button running the merchandise table.
   I was behind on grocery shopping so I did it today. first the dollar store, the can of spaghetti. then my main order at a nearby place, I noticed there was a fire engine in front of the building at one point but it was gone by the time I went in. then the third place was on my way back from the comedy hour, and after I got my groceries there I heard on the radio how basketball player kobe Bryant had died in a helicopter crash in southern California. it was also what people were talking about at an open-mic in the evening, first time at a once a month show. but the venue is familiar from the 'variety mics' I have done there. I was just one of four performers, and even though I was late the show hadn't started yet, because the show runner hadn't arrived yet. he made a comment about my hoodie, saying who I looked like in sports.


No comments:

Post a Comment