Wednesday, January 15, 2020

omaze sweepstakes

I just made a donation this morning through the omaze sweepstakes, for an entry to meet lady gaga at her residency in las vegas. Wikipedia states it is an online fundraising platform. hard to say what other ones I would like make an entry on. I saw three main categories- cars, entertainment, and travel. when looking at the past winners, one of them said 'kroaky karaoke' and one sees an image of Kermit the frog. I decided to do it today because the deadline is soon for this one. this organization began in September 2012. looks like a facebook friend just decided to like their page on that site.
    at work I was taking a victory lap of sorts for the call last week. I had somebody find me at my cube saying I was listed in 'positive happenings'. then when I logged on another colleague emailed me about it. I had to figure out where people were seeing it, as some of these sites I don't look at too much. the description of the call was fairly generic, but I also noticed that it is not every day where something is posted there. the colleague that found me said it might be a record for the earliest that an employee of this department was mentioned there. I still think of it as 'just doing my job'.
   I went to perform tonight, but the friends from the karaoke circuit that were interested in the show were not there. it was a cold night and I am not sure if this was why. although I think this kept away some performers as the show was done in just over an hour. I let the show runner know that we hadn't done a group photo yet, so shortly after that we went onstage for it. first time she had done the show since the injury due to a fall on the same stage. the fancy comic showed up after we had started and he became the show closer. after my set the show runner spoke of doing call center work for a car dealer, a place where I had applied at a job fair in the evening with a picnic.

No comments:

Post a Comment