Monday, January 20, 2020

star wars: E-9 movie

this afternoon I went to see 'star wars: E-9' in Roseville, as usual, I liked the droids and chewy the most in it. I think because they are funny without having to say or do much. even though they aren't 'major' characters. I wouldn't call myself a 'die-hard fan' of the franchise, where everything has to be 'knock my socks off'. I see this as wrong to have that standard for ANY movie. I went to see the familiar, and that is what I got. I expected no mystery in the ending, the good guys winning. same reason why I go see James bond movies. what is still entertaining to me is 'the thrill of the chase'- how they get there. when I posted about it on facebook it got some likes.
   it was kind of tough at first to figure out what to do about lunching, but decided to get a hot dog at a speedway gas station before the movie. then I went to the library to return a movie. it was not open just yet, but many people were ready to go inside, waiting in the lobby area. when I was driving home after the movie, I got the first football game of the day on the radio. the chiefs were trailing against the titans, but got two TDs to go ahead just before halftime. then I tried to watch the rest of the game on TV when I got home, but I laid down and missed the ending but the chiefs went on to win it. I saw more of the second game, which was not much of a contest, the 49ers winning big against the packers. so now we know the teams in the super bowl in 2 weeks.
   after the second football game I found a movie on a 'companion channel'- a western that burt Lancaster was in, about buffalo bill and his wild west show. I called my dad during this time, after taking out the trash, and we discussed the recent snowstorm. he was using 'toro'- the snow blower- but at times he said it was shooting out rocks. I spoke of attending a movie but he never asked which one. his voice was off, had a cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment