Monday, January 6, 2020

shirt tail tackle

I was watching the TV at the venue I was performing at since it was in my view of the stage. and I liked seeing a play where the defender made a shirt tail tackle, stopping the pass receiver just short of the goal line. it was a college football game, a bowl game, louisiana vs. Miami of ohio. and it meant louisiana kept them out of the end zone, as on fourth down the center snap sailed over the QB's head. I don't see these too often, as it is a true sign of desperation. but I guess he must have held on just enough for it to happen. of course it is also a case of the shirt tail wasn't tucked in. louisiana went on to win the game, 27-17, they are called the 'ragin cajuns' and I know the school name has changed a few times over the years. it went fine performing tonight, I found some material while at the comedy club before making it over to the second venue. this included a case of mistaken identity, and getting a call from a campaign.
   at work the call volume was slow at first but it picked up as the day wore on. notables were in the afternoon, where I got one from somebody who was confused and I sometimes heard another voice on the phone. they identified themselves as a case worker, for an organization I hadn't heard of. my last call or the day went on for 30 minutes, from a power of attorney. it meant taking a later bus of course, and both on the light rail and bus I found trash to throw out when I reached my stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment