Thursday, January 9, 2020

teen wolf movie

I watched the movie 'teen wolf' on TV tonight. I had seen it when I was young, and when it was new. I have a much different perspective now. I see the metaphor in it that others can relate to. sometimes the temptation is high to be someone else, because of the attention we can get. but sometimes it is easier to be ourselves. I see it being relevant to performing, where I like the feeling of performing but don't want to be a performer all the time. I watched it and then went to sing karaoke. I did two songs, '1979' by smashing pumpkins, and 'wrong side of memphis' by trisha Yearwood. somebody did the other Memphis song tonight, which gave me the idea. I said I 'saw the writing on the wall' when I saw more of a crowd after my first song was done, so I didn't waste too much time getting the second one in. I had to look up the origin and it appears to be from the bible, the book of Daniel. the karaoke jockey said he would like to get home in my back pocket when it got packed. he had fun with one singer, who was wearing a u. of south Carolina shirt, asking them how they did against Clemson. he got a middle finger from them for his efforts.
   in other issues, I did fine with calls today, but we had back to back meetings so the time on the phones was limited. then there was having a simple, and single. question for a resource line rep and it turned into 30 minutes, getting off-topic. this has happened before, but my patience wore thin and then he said I was 'a broken record' and 'annoying'. I will find out soon enough if my boss is getting involved. I am able to work with most people, as all I care about is getting the work done. but this colleague is getting the closest to being 'too hard to work with'.

No comments:

Post a Comment