Saturday, January 11, 2020

cindy crawford info-mercial

i went to sing karaoke tonight and a TV screen near the back was playing an infomercial. it was an anti-aging cream, endorsed by cindy Crawford. and at times one saw melons being compared, and somebody flying over to paris, france. this may have been where these melons were being grown. I was later than I wanted to be, but the news was on late after the football game. but I still left before it ended, needing to get to an ATM. except I went to my typical place, a holiday gas station, and it was closed for the night. guess they didn't get enough business to warrant being open overnight. so I had to go somewhere else to find one. I did three songs once I got there, a thin crowd much like last week. it was 'sunday morning coming down' by johnny cash, 'what's up' by 4 non-blondes, and 'karma chameleon' by culture club. with the third one I was listening to a rerun of American top 40 on the radio and I liked the story behind the song. the karaoke jockey said he has an early flight sunday morning for his line of work, to dallas-fort worth.
   I spent much of the morning going through a stack of printed pages, most were not kept. they were on top of a bookcase and got knocked over this week, so I figured it was time to do something about it. especially when many of them were printed emails about interviews, and writing 'failed!' on them. I am back at work now, so I would much rather think of what I am actually doing for work. I copied down a few things from some pages before putting them in the shred pile. some were about songs.
   once I finally went out and about, it meant going to the post office. I picked up one order, from amazon. it was the soundtrack to the movie 'star is born', the most recent version starring lady gaga and brad cooper. I have already been listening to it in my car. I also had some business to do at a bank, then after lunch I went to a dollar store. after watching the 6pm news, it was on to the grocery store, then it was eating at a mcdonald's. I was flipping through channels and found a college hockey game to watch while I was online, western Michigan at Minnesota-Duluth. the 2 teams played to a 3-3 tie. it was on when I decided to go online for things such as order a ticket for the Minnesota twins 'fan-fest'. which is later this month. I didn't watch any of the pro football playoff games today, found out san Francisco and Tennessee won.

No comments:

Post a Comment