Wednesday, January 22, 2020

call scorer is cool

I had a meeting set up by my boss today with one of the call scorers in the department. it was helpful on breaking the ice, starting with noticing he had a 'Thomas the tank engine' toy in his cube. also maps of the boundary waters canoe area. we actually met for 2 hours, the time allotment was just one. so it took me all the way up to lunchtime. we did listen to one of my calls, it was a long one, over 20 minutes. he said I would be getting a high score on it. so this call scorer is cool with me now. it was also nice to hear how she majored in history like I did, at Minnesota-Duluth if I am not mistaken. there was somebody at his cube early on, but I am aware that one wears various hats that sometimes people need them for whatever. the rest of the day was fairly typical, form orders. I got one call just before leave time, and the man said 'you don't need that' when I was trying to do a verification on the file. I said I wanted to see I was looking at the correct one, but it was form orders so I didn't push too hard. there isn't that much peanut brittle left in the common area.
    in the evening I went to perform at the comedy club. mason city was not there, according to facebook he is on vacation in a much warmer place, the Caribbean. but there still was a comic that served well filling in, as the MC. it is the dude that introduced me to the fancy comic. my set went fine, though I spent longer on one joke than I really wanted to so I had to cut one joke on my agenda. I still got laughs though. it was nice to see the opera singer there, as well as the crow. the latter was a last minute replacement, judging by not being on the printed lineup I was given. I let both of them know I plan on attending the gopher hockey game this weekend, so there is a good chance I will see one of them or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment