Tuesday, January 14, 2020

the device being used

i met with my boss this morning and was encouraged to sign up for a class that would be held later in the day. it was about searching on the agency's website. one of the things said by the moderator was really helpful, finding out what device is being used by the caller. since not all people are using computers. some might be using a phone or I-pad, and then the screen looks different to fit the smaller device. as I was leaving, I said to a classmate it reminds me of what I saw in a class before. it was about how a political poll got it wrong because it was done at a time when not everybody had phones. so it is good to be aware of the available technology. aside from that, a fairly routine day. there was plenty of form order requests. one call was transferred to resource line, because the caller asked to get someone else after I tried to get enough information to look at their file. they just wanted general information and the number on caller ID said 'anonymous'. well I tried, they told me I needed to do that much.
   I went to perform in the evening, and I liked seeing somebody there for the first time in a while. he is the well-dressed drummer I had seen at a now-closed venue. I liked what he said about my set, either you get it or you don't. he was the show closer. after I got home again, I decided to go onto youtube and find some versions of the song 'break my stride' by matt wilder. one of them had images of Thomas the tank engine in the background. it is a reminder of being in a relationship, as I was introduced to this children's story that way. along with brad paisley, the country singer. it is a reminder of how I gained something from that experience. it wasn't entirely awful with that partner, but it wasn't good enough to continue. so it means trying hard to remember the positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment