Sunday, January 12, 2020

missouri breaks movie

I watched a DVD movie on loan from the library around midday, 'Missouri breaks', a western from 1976 starring marlon brando, randy quaid, and jack Nicholson. I was wondering for a while which one was brando, when he is shown on the cover along with Nicholson. well he arrives late, as he plays the 'regulator', or bounty hunter. actually the line used by brando himself was 'man hunter'. there is a body count, it is a western after all, sometimes called a 'shoot um up'. there were some funny scenes in it but not a lot. most memorable was when Nicholson was trying to play a clarinet. the brando character is kind of weird in it. I liked the Nicholson character, even though he played a horse-thief that was being hunted by brando. there is a love interest as well, the neighbor's daughter. there were no special features on the disc, aside from a few movie trailers. this was fine with me, as the movie itself was just over 2 hours.
    of course I made it back to the library in the afternoon to return it and get another one. I made it just before closing time, and there was just enough time to print a few things. I had to act quick when I noticed the printer was out of paper, and decided to use what was in the recycle bin. I know full well it will not print anything for anyone until it is filled, and when it did there was something not for me that printed first. looks like there was just enough paper to print the 5 items for me. although two of them was reminders, 'need to print ticket' or 'order ticket'. but there is still time to print those event tickets, one of them is a month away. I watched some of the pro football playoff games today, Kansas city and green bay won. I left at halftime of the first game to get to the library, when Kansas city was trailing against Houston early on I said it was a good thing that I wasn't watching with my stepfather as he is a chiefs fan and I could picture him getting disgusted. I also spent some more time today shredding more of the 'failed pages', good idea to let go of the past on those job search failures. I counted the number of plastic bags from the shredding and there are nine.


No comments:

Post a Comment