Thursday, January 2, 2020

tapping beer can

i went to sing karaoke tonight, and near the end of the night the bartender tapped the empty beer can next to me. I said I would have to leave soon. I had done my second song by then. I did 'nothing compares to you' by sinead O'Connor and 'team' by lorde. of course the latter was a Chicago theme song, when I visited there in 2014. I spoke with an employee of a comedy club that had recognized me, and she asked me to let wee bit know we had spoken.
   also notable about the evening was going to barnes and noble at mall of America to get a wall calendar. I knew they would be cheaper after new year's day and I got one for half off. it was a charlie brown theme, with a 70th anniversary print included. as a big fan of the comic strip, when I saw it I said 'we know how this is going to end'. before then I was watching two reruns of 'young sheldon' and I said 'WTF?' when I saw a 5 on the screen like it was a countdown for a movie. it was a special report, mention of an Iranian general being killed in an airstrike. normally I don't talk about 'the news of the world' in this forum, but it was hard to ignore when they break in to programming. thankfully the journalist wasn't on for long. it was during the second rerun.

No comments:

Post a Comment