Thursday, January 16, 2020

middle finger pin

I went to sing karaoke tonight, and as I was leaving I noticed what the loopy bartender was wearing. there was a pin on her hat and it was the 'middle finger' obscene gesture. I said I hope it wasn't meant for me. I did two songs tonight, it was a thin crowd likely due to the cold weather. it was 'circles' by soul coughing, and 'unskinny bop' by poison. the latter one was inspired by hearing it on tonight's episode of 'young sheldon'. not the first time I got a song idea from there. the former one was one I meant to do last week, but a venue didn't have it. this is the calm before the storm, so it was a good idea to get out tonight as I may just hibernate on Friday after work. the weather report says there will be plenty of snow. I went to the ATM before going to sing, and I asked the gas station about closing time and I was told 11pm. looks like they are no longer open overnight. we spoke about some other subjects, such as entertainment venues in Minneapolis including the armory, where I saw some boxing matches.
   at work there was bagels at the staff meeting and as I was leaving I said 'thank you easter bunny', thinking of an old TV commercial. found out a coworker is from Chicago-land, so we talked a little about living there, she lived in the south suburbs. in other issues, I am already thinking about what to do this weekend. not sure about the movie lineup, I know 'marriage story' has been nominated for Oscars but was unable to find a twin cities theater showing it. and not at redbox either. there was mention of Netflix, hopefully it will be back in theaters soon. so this means checking the listings for Friday. of course the movie times is why I get the paper once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment