Sunday, April 5, 2020

another couch concert

I watched another 'couch concert' tonight, this time on CBS. it was in place of the academy of country music awards. there were performances from some musicians I knew, such as brad paisley, as well as no doubt front-woman Gwen Stefani. there was a tribute to the late Kenny rogers at the end of the show. I liked this one more because it lasted longer than last week's, as this one was two hours instead of one. it was uplifting to hear music at this time. I have been playing some that I found on youtube, but usually I am listening to it on my car radio. well I have been driving a lot less lately as the bars and libraries are closed due to the virus. and when I have my car radio on, it has been to the news. there was a music show after it, garth brooks and trisha Yearwood taking requests, for an hour, but I didn't like it as much.
   I went on a long walk in the afternoon, and found 15 cents. this is more than the 11 cents from the previous day. when I got back I watched the other three episodes of 'this American life' on DVD. it included stories about finding models for paintings about Christ, medical research, a teenage boy that doesn't want to fall in live, pig farming in iowa, and a rowdy hot dog place. I think there still are some special features to see, but otherwise I have seen all of it as there were just 6 episodes listed. before going out for a walk I was doing some research online, and found out actor john Goodman was the narrator on a video about the st. louis cardinals baseball teams of the 1980s. it was on the MLB network in January, hopefully at some point I can get it on DVD. I searched for it on amazon and didn't see it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment