Friday, April 17, 2020

virtual meetup no-go

I signed up for a virtual speed dating event with meetup this evening but it was a no-go. like most people, I reported that the link didn't work. I like the concept but I am not sure why it never got off the ground. I had done in-person speed dating many years ago, in fact even when I lived in suburban Chicago, but I recall that I never met anyone. there were 'missed opportunities' where two said yes to me but I didn't to them. when I moved to twin cities I tried it here as well, but all of them said 'no' to me. it led to me letting the event coordinator know about my disappointment, but I think the only thing he cared about was money, how many people signed up. I was given a referral to a dating advisor, but we missed connections on an in-person meeting, then the advisor insulted me. so I said re-scheduling it was doubtful. I do have some self-respect, after all. later on I tried various internet dating sites, but not a lot of quality there. I said I started performing around the same time I started with e-harmony, and I enjoy performing a lot more. so it is hard to say what I will do about another event like this one if it is offered.
    I did another zoom meeting later on in the evening, invited to be a crowd member at a comedy show by yemen native. school bouncer was another performer, the others I didn't know, I think they were from out of town. I would like to try performing on this platform.
   on the job front, I filed a dozen applications on indeed. I followed up with some places I had been in contact with, but nothing yet. it was also an errand running day. I stopped at the post office to mail a form related to job referrals through some advisors. then it was on to food stores. one was locally owned, the others were Walgreen, and cub foods. the first I stopped at to drop off some plastic bags I wanted to put in recycle. I made some nice finds in the discount bin, one of them being a can of flavored water. at the second place I got some more discounted easter candy, and at the third some frozen dinners I know I can't find at aldi. I went out for a long walk in the late afternoon, and picked up 2 cents. during the post office visit there was one e-bay order waiting, and I will check again on Saturday to see if the other arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment