Saturday, April 25, 2020

brown and serve rolls

I went to the grocery store in the early evening, and arrived less than 30 minutes before closing time. there was a display near the checkout lines for brown and serve rolls, 50 cents a pack. so I got one pack. I have had 2 rolls so far, there is a dozen. no surprise how they were discounted because they had just expired. but they tasted fine. I recall these being a common thing to have at holiday gatherings. although I didn't put them in the conventional oven to 'brown' them.
   I did a long walk up to the post office today, one e-bay order was there to pick up. I got a small bag of potato chips at a nearby gas station, as it was lunchtime, then went back home. I found 3 cents.
   a big part of the day was shredding some of what was found in boxes, then starting a look at some other boxes. I was able to empty a drawstring bag full of tourist brochures into a box that holds these brochures. it also meant grouping more papers into envelopes, then back into a box. there is a small amount that I haven't found a category for just yet. there is still a ways to go, but I am getting there little by little. I ended up with 2 full shred bags, but since I kept adding to what is in the shred box it looks like I haven't made a dent in it.
   I watched another comedy show on zoom tonight, invited by yemen native. it had many of the same comics as the one I watched before. many were sharing some scary stories, getting badly injured. so I wasn't laughing much. only one I really found funny was by Stillwater, who told a story about visiting los angeles and the reactions to where he is from.

No comments:

Post a Comment