Monday, April 20, 2020

virtual open-mic performance

I performed at an open-mic tonight, for the first time in over a month. it was a virtual one, on zoom. there weren't many in the lineup, I think I was just one of six. there were longer sets offered for this reason. I had jokes and stories saved up from early this month. my set was all right, but not great. the MC liked the one about a facebook posting, from a singles group.
   there was some activity on the job front. I applied to 2 jobs, one of them I saw on monster. I hadn't used that site much lately on looking for jobs. I also heard from the recruiter based in the Carolinas, for the first time in a while. he said I sounded upset. no, more like wondering why I was waiting so long to hear something, anything. he claims he will be submitting me, although the call ended rather abruptly. this was in the late afternoon. shortly after this call, I went out for a long walk. I was ready to cut it short due to light rain but it didn't last long. it briefly appeared again about midway through. I picked up 2 cents.
    I did more cleanup around my home as well. it meant looking through things for the first time in a while. this included looking at a '20 pocket expanding file'. I think I got it for the writers conventions I had attended, most recently in 2015. I emptied it and moved the contents to another bag. it was no problem at all figuring out how to re-purpose this item, as I am still looking for work of course. it is more full now than when I discovered it. there are two more bags to go through. I had plenty in the 'shred box' so I ran the shredder, and there was enough to fill an aldi grocery bag that was presented to me when I was given my walking papers, nearly 3 months ago. I really wanted to get rid of this bag, too many bad memories, and this seemed to be the best way. I also filled another page with postage stamps, acquired due to the online orders, and it went into a sheet protector in a binder. I think this page took longer to fill due to cutting back on orders, although sometimes it depends on where I am ordering from. if from a vendor in another nation, then I am more likely to save those since I am less likely to have those stamps in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment