Thursday, April 16, 2020

framed puzzle

I did some more cleanup around my home, going through the drawstring bag again. I gleaned a few more items from it that went to the 'shred box'. but I also found a small puzzle that I made at the Crayola experience at mall of America 2 years ago. I decided to frame it because I have a theme going on framing items related to emerson hough, the reason why I finally started this blog 10 years ago. I wrote in crayon, 'emerson hough huskies, the covered wagon' on it. as that was his most famous novel, and the elementary school bearing his name in my hometown had 'huskies' as the name for their mascot. it was no problem finding a frame because I had plenty left over from the 'ring of honor'. I stopped framing them and moved the photos into an album. and I now have just six framed photos, with friends from various parts of my life. from school, work, and performing. much like many other things, I decided to 'stress quality'. this was also why I went through binders where I have things saved in sheet protectors and was able to free up two of them, and re-deployed one of them already. the other I might save for some writings I plan on doing soon. there was an email from the state historic society that said 'share your story' and I think I just needed some time to figure out what to write. I got that time when I was doing a long walk in the late afternoon, and I picked up 3 cents.
   there was not much done on the job front today. I tried to get into a 'virtual job fair' in the afternoon but it was taking too long for the application to download, 5 minutes, then it was 'stuck' after that. there was something in my email from my advisors about a job lead, but I need a letter generated from them first. it did arrive in the mail, now I will find out if I can cut out any 'wait time' by delivering it in person. if the office is closed to the public due to the virus, then I have no choice but to drop it back in the mail. I was about the file more applications but there was a problem getting logged on, unplugged the power source, twice. first time I got a little over an hour out of it and then it went down again. I let it sit until the evening, as I wanted to watch the news, and 'young sheldon'. then I called geek squad and my internet provider, it may have been a connection problem on my end so I don't know if it was a 'user error'. I did see some dust on a wire behind my computer and I unplugged it to dust it off, but I honestly thought that everything was in order. I am usually good at leaving things alone once it is all plugged in. either way, I was back on by the end of the night. and it looks like there were no urgent emails during that time. I try to learn a lesson from each event, but I am not sure what is to be learned from this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment