Tuesday, April 21, 2020

shred box

I decided I needed a 'shred box' recently, as it frees up space on the counter. so I wrote this name on a nike shoebox, it was torn a little due to me using it at one point for putting empty picture frames in it. but I have moved those to a larger box. more was placed in the shoebox today, and I filled two more plastic grocery bags. some of what was shredded was from a writer's convention I attended more than 4 years ago, realizing some things were superseded when I got a closer look at everything. this evening I looked at an overflowing envelope of e-bay order receipts and most of them were put in this shoebox. so it likely means more time using the shredder on Wednesday. even if I am not spending that much time filing job applications, I know there are other productive things I can do to occupy my time.
   in the afternoon I had another zoom meeting with an advisor, and we went over a revised version of my resume. it looked really good. I was told that I might want to say less about being a writer on my linked-in profile, since that is not the job I am going for. I don't use that site much, but I have edited the profile before when the need arises. these meetings have been productive, more so than the previous provider I had signed with. there was a voicemail after the zoom meeting was over, it was an invite to a phone interview with a bank. so this is on for Wednesday afternoon. it was the same one where I was trading emails with somebody who said my information needed to be forwarded. in the late afternoon I did a long walk around the neighborhood, and picked up 13 cents. the late local news had a segment about the income of deceased celebrities, and it said 'charlie brown and snoopy' creator Charles schulz was in the top 5. it was in reference to a tribute concert to prince tonight. I didn't watch it as I had another channel on, forgot when it was going to be on.

No comments:

Post a Comment