Monday, April 13, 2020

repurposed as an ornament

I may not have done much on the job front today, but I found other things to do. this meant some cleanup around my home. I looked at a piece from a st. paul saints keychain that just wouldn't stay on the ring as the metal part kept working itself free. since I love saints baseball I couldn't throw it out and decided to re-purpose it. I got out some string and now it is a christmas tree ornament. this is a tree I bought at a target many years ago, a table-top tree. many of the ornaments are charlie brown and snoopy, no surprise there as I am a big fan. this is not the only thing where I have found another use for it, as I am looking at a coffee mug with a broken handle that has held pens for a while. it was another thing that I couldn't throw out, as I bought it at mall of america during the camp snoopy clearance sale. I have added a few more today due to the cleanup I am doing. I am discovering some in boxes and bags I hadn't looked at in a while. all too often, I just move things around and don't bother looking inside to see if I value all of what is in there. when I have plenty of time to look at all of it, I am more motivated to throw some things out. I got a good start tonight, as I went through two bags. there are three more, and hopefully I get around to look at them this week. 
   in the early afternoon I went on a walk, but a different path than I had been taking. it was to a Walgreen where I wanted some of the easter candy that is now half-off. I also got a snack of cheese and salami. it was snowing during my walk, but not when I started it. I found 4 cents, much less than saturday where I found 60 cents. not too surpised how much of the snow that fell on sunday has already melted. after I got back from the walk, I laid down and slept for a while. there were a few moves made on the job front. a meeting with an advisor had a schedule change, moved up 30 minutes, still around midday tuesday. a phone interview is on for wednesday morning. and I heard from an agency in the morning, but the job they told me about has been put on hold. so not much different from what I am hearing from other organizations. I guess I think of it as 'not much activity' when there was no formal interview today, or any jobs I applied to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment