Wednesday, April 15, 2020

can I tag along?

I did plenty of paper shredding today, but one thing was taken out of the shred box. it was a luggage tag from southwest airlines that said 'can I tag along?' those who know me best probably know I can be sentimental about some odd things, and this would be one of them. I know it is a reminder of how I struggled to make friends when I was young, and in many ways still do. I say I have a circle of friends from the performing circuit, but not too many substantial friends. for one thing, I hardly ever see them away from the clubs. so I know I have decided to tag along due to the difficulty in making friends. the luggage tag was put into an envelope with some event tickets from travels in recent years, including my annual visit to st. louis. I know I have flown that airline there, so the tag may have been acquired at that time. even though I tend to travel light, a carry-on bag, with a hard plastic luggage tag already on it. I am the type that will pick up free things when they look like cool souvenirs.
  I filled three more plastic grocery store bags with shredded paper, so this brings the total for the week to seven. in the late afternoon I went on a long walk, and found 8 cents. near the end of the walk I saw a fellow performer coming out of a laundromat and we spoke for a little while. he is married to the lady that often brings a muppet doll to the open-mic. he is a musician.
   there was some activity on the job front today, a phone interview this morning. same bank I have had plenty of interviews with, but no offers yet. hard to say what my chances are on this one, but I am told there will be no second interview needed so my candidacy is based on just this one. so I would like to think this puts the odds in my favor, but who knows? I get a good feeling all the time at job interviews, and I hardly ever get offers. later on in the day I filed nearly a dozen applications with another bank. I also forwarded some things to an advisor, as requested. I figured I had the time to figure out how to send job descriptions, to get a better idea of how to write my resume. I also spoke of how I am not on LinkedIn much but I am told I get a better idea there of how I compare to other applicants. so I decided to add my computer skills to my profile and set up some job alerts. I am usually disappointed about the lack of yield on indeed, so I am willing to try something else if it means a better chance of getting hired. I sent a text to a recruiter in the Carolinas at the start of my walk and got a response after I got home. I hadn't heard anything for two weeks. last week I sent a follow-up email, it went un-answered. I am told to expect an update in the morning. I don't expect much as this has been going on for nearly a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment