Friday, April 3, 2020

harry truman song

no, not 'we didn't start the fire'. as harry Truman is the first name mentioned in it. this one is by the band known as 'chicago'. I like finding presidential postcards on e-bay and when I looked for that name I was surprised to find this song. so I searched for it on youtube. it seems to be the reminder of that old adage how 'some things never change' in terms of what the song was about. I might want to listen to it again sometime soon, but I got a good idea of its sentiments the first time. I am pleased with what I keep finding related to music.
    I filed some more applications today, but not as much as the previous day. around midday I went for errand running, and it meant getting into my car. I went to pick up some things at Walgreen, then at cub foods. I found toilet paper, a pack of four rolls, at the latter. I also got a 'cheese and salami' sandwich, no bread in it. I wanted cheese and it seemed like the best offering, in terms of wanting single serving. so I think I am good on toilet paper for a while, and I am still going to try to have it last as long as I can. I want to learn something here, about needing to be a lot less carefree about my use of it. I went out for a walk in the late afternoon, and found 77 cents. I went through my letter sorter and pulled out one item, a reminder of how I had applied for the 'real-ID' driver license. it finally arrived this week, and I had applied for it nearly 2 months ago. it looks like my plan of doing another fish fry is a no-go, as I checked a church's website and it said the last two are canceled-this week and next week. they were down to just doing carry-out. I will admit it is way cheaper to go get tuna-fish or a fish-stick TV dinner somewhere. but it is nice to go to these fish fries. I am thankful I made it to two this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment