Friday, April 10, 2020

zombieland-double tap movie

I watched a DVD movie from redbox tonight, 'zombieland-double tap'. it was an action movie, hadn't seen the original but I felt that not much was lost on me due to this. it started slow but things picked up quick. it was weird at first to see depictions of an abandoned white house, as well as graceland. I recognized woody harrelson in it, as well as bill murray, who has a cameo as himself. it was cool to get various kinds of vehicles into the story, such as a big RV as well as a monster truck and an ice cream truck. and it was funny on some level that woody hated the minivan. but it was the most practical of all. I didn't know what to think of the OMG girl, the dumb blonde, who hooks up with one of the four zombie hunters. she does help out a little, my best guess is that she was in it as comic relief. the movie held my attention, I liked it, although I don't usually see this kind of movie. I saw it because it was promoted at the comedy club, and I got a poster. and I will at least see these movies as a redbox rental when this happens.
   I did some things on the job front, but I am aware that less is likely to happen on a Friday. an agency decided to postpone calling me until Monday as it was too bust for them. I filed some more applications on indeed. it led to me being emailed some assessments to do, which I of course dread doing, but it didn't take all that long to complete them. a notable thing about the day was getting in my car and doing errand running. I made stops at the gas station, to drop off recycling, to pick up the movie, and to get groceries- a small order. when I did a walk in the late afternoon, I picked up 15 cents. near the end of it, I saw somebody who was wearing iowa hawkeye gear so we spoke for a little while. he said he went to des moines Roosevelt, but did not attend college. this was near the former gas station, now a construction site. not sure what is going to take its place. but we shared stories about buying expired items there, in my case it was an ice cream treat with a sticky wrapper.

No comments:

Post a Comment