Wednesday, April 29, 2020

how clean is your house?

i found another article I had printed about de-cluttering. it is from 2008, and it mentions a show on lifetime called 'how clean is your house?' the title of the article is 'a clutter too deep for mere bins and shelves'. as for the lifetime show title, I can answer it as 'cleaner than it was'. I filled four more bags today after using the paper shredder, although two of them I did after the late local news. but I was busy getting other things done for much of the day. the volume in the shred box is down, because I haven't added much to it lately. one line that resonated with me was 'the items were shredded in front of them, so they knew the decision was irreversible'. I think this is why I am willing to do so much shredding when I get started on it. and there are some things I am no doubt fine with shredding because it can be a bad memory. I have said 'goodbye' before when those things are gone. another line, near the end, was mention of a woman that cleaned up her house and lost about 50 pounds. I would like to think that if I am losing weight, it has more to do with other factors. such as getting out most every day to take a long walk around the neighborhood. today was no different, and I found 4 cents. it also included a stop at the post office. drop off a thank you letter to mom for an easter card, and picking up an e-bay order. other things I am doing is trying to eat less, and drink water more often as well. I can tell that my jeans fit better than they had. I am just hopeful that I can keep it up. when it is spring that makes it easier to get out for a walk.
   I called this morning and the I.T. problem was handled on the onboarding documents, so my finger-print appointment is set for Friday. I had another phone screen with a bank, same one as Tuesday. so there are three active applications with this bank. I sent a follow-up email to my advisor, about the offer I received. I said I wanted to keep my options open since the start date is still a month away. it explains why I am still accepting interviews, because I have the time when test scoring doesn't start until next week. I am still trying to go through boxes, there are one and a half left that are labeled 'online articles' so I would like to think I can finish those by next week. It looks like one of them has some envelopes in it, which may be helpful. of course I can make more than one pass through it to see I am satisfied, something I have done before. it is all about how I use my time, and this likely means trying to do more on the weekends. this is the best time to do the walking as well, once I am back at work. such as when I need to check my PO box, as long as I allow enough time to get there before it closes for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment