Saturday, April 11, 2020

perrier in clearance section

I went to Walgreen in the afternoon and was looking for drinks. then I noticed in the seasonal, clearance section, that there were bottles of Perrier mineral water. there was 8 single bottles, and a 6-pack on another shelf. my guess is that if I wait a week, some will still be there. I got a can of the Arnold palmer drink, helps that it is just a dollar. also got some peanut butter cookies and reese's peanut butter. it wasn't the only errand of the day. I also walked up to the post office, there was two orders waiting there. one was from e-bay, a presidential postcard. the other was from delcampe, and it was the charlie brown greeting cards from france. before I went to Walgreen I returned the redbox movie to the gas station kiosk I found it at. I also made it to the grocery store, in the early evening. I was watching an infomercial for time-life music, then reminded myself it was closing soon. I am thankful it didn't take long, but of course it was a small order, only need food for me. and I am eating less than I was.
   the other notable event of the day was going through my baseball card collection, it took much of the day. I wanted to stress quality and I found a few duplicate cards, and others that I don't value such as checklists. it meant taking out 35 cards, an average of a little over one per team. I think this was inspired by my latest e-bay order, a baseball card of a player-turned-physician. I know by now what helps out with finding duplicate cards, it is getting cards of the same manufacturer grouped together, along with the series as the styling will usually be the same for that particular year. because of working on the cards, I didn't check email until the evening, shortly after eating. but it was no big deal, as I knew there are fewer emails on the weekends and most get deleted quickly. on many days, I only work on the surveys.

No comments:

Post a Comment