Thursday, April 9, 2020

phone books delivered

when I went out for a walk in the late afternoon I noticed how phone books had been delivered, they were everywhere. but I did not pick one up. I haven't used one in a while, but I do recall when I first moved to the twin cities some of the commercials. it was for 'dex', and I liked the kid saying 'dex, don't ask'. I picked up 29 cents, a Canadian quarter and 4 American pennies. so the quarter went into the bag with the others, over 12 dollars now. not sure when my next visit to Canada will be though. I have been there 3 times, last time over 4 years ago, to Toronto for the pan-am games.
   there was some movement on the job front, but not a lot. another meeting with an advisor has been scheduled for next week. I filed 2 applications with the same company. I tried filing some on indeed, but it was stuck. there are days when this happens. one agency emailed me and wanted to chat about a role, except it might be outside my commuting distance.
   I got some more 'special projects' done around the home. I decided to look in a file cabinet for the first time in a while, where I keep plenty of comedy souvenirs as well as charlie brown and snoopy items. it meant getting more comedy items into binders, and I used 5 sheet protectors. so there is not much of a backlog now since the performance venues are closed. in some cases it meant moving some things around, finding the right place for them. or trying to keep event tickets in the order of when they happened as much as possible. I heard from an old friend on facebook, who spoke about wanting to chat more later in the day. except I heard nothing once the evening arrived. I haven't seen them since I left suburban Chicago over a decade ago. in the evening I was pleased to find the movie 'bull durham' on TV, as it is a baseball movie. so many great scenes in it, I like the conference at the mound a lot. 'get out there' was what the manager's assistant was told.


No comments:

Post a Comment