Wednesday, April 29, 2020

hand sanitizer and envelope

this was a busy day for appointments. there was a two-hour window to pick up some documents at the test scoring office in Woodbury. it was raining and I decided to park my car instead of let it idle. I was given an inter-office envelope and a spray bottle of hand sanitizer. it led to me checking my medicine chest when I got home as I knew I had some there. there was four bottles, but not much in two of them, so I used those up and it is down to two.
   the other two appointments I was able to do at home. this was a phone interview in the morning, and a zoom meeting with an advisor in the afternoon. the phone interview didn't last long, 15 minutes. I let them know about test scoring and had to explain what that entails. with the zoom meeting I spoke of getting three offers in less than a week. I already turned down one of them, the call center job through an agency. I didn't say anything right away, until I got a text saying I hadn't completed the paperwork yet. one of the offers was conditional, finding out if they are fine with moving back the start date by two weeks to early June. I had to wait until they called back to find out, and the later start date is fine. I am a little concerned about the lifting required, since I haven't had a lifting job for a while. but I do want benefits again. and my advisor said there should be some kind of accommodations available, such as help with the lifting. I was sent some onboarding documents to complete, except there was a problem with scheduling the finger-printing appointment. so I will have to let it sit for now, and see if there is help with the I.T. issues.
   I did more paper shredding, four more bags. it helped to go through the bags I had and identify which ones I was willing to part with. I did a long walk as well, and found 38 cents. a little surprised that this included 23 pennies, can't believe how many people just throw out pennies. on the way to the test scoring office, I stopped at a gas station to get more air in a tire. I went inside to see if there was anything good in the discount bin, and there was some reese's peanut butter eggs left over from easter. so I bought all three, along with a stick of cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment