Saturday, April 4, 2020

this american life DVD

in the evening I decided to watch a 'this American life' DVD I had bought at a resale shop. there was six episodes and I watched three of them. I liked the stories they covered. this included ones about a cloned bull, a widowed stand-up comic, a movie made by retired people, and an ex-musician stepfather. I know full well why I hadn't watched it yet, as there is little motivation when I own it as opposed to something rented from redbox or on loan from the library. one of the backdrops was of oil terminals, and it reminded me of seeing them when I lived in suburban Chicago, near O'Hare airport. the show was produced by a public radio station in that city. good chance I will watch the other three on sunday as I have time to fill.
   I did some of my typical errand running today, and that included going to the post office to check what was in my box. I walked there, good exercise of course. one order was there, out of two. then I went across the street to a gas station where I got a small bag of potato chips and redeemed a coupon for 'birthday points' on my loyalty card. later in the day I went to the grocery store as well. it is not a bog deal to me that I am buying fewer items than typical, I try to buy only what I need. In the mid-afternoon I was about to but in the aforementioned DVD but the first thing I saw when turning on the TV was the president's press conference, an update about the virus. so I watched some of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment