Thursday, April 23, 2020

share your story

last week I saw an email from the Minnesota historic society, asking people to share their story about living in the time of the corona-virus. I saw some of these in a follow-up email today, and it prompted me to share my story. I wanted to wait until I had performed again, and I did 3 days ago. I wrote out two pages but I think I typed only half of it into my official submission. I feel good about getting it done, and as a history major I know the importance of people sharing stories when historic events such as these happen. some shared photos and art as well, I did not. after writing it out and then typing it up I went on a long walk in the late afternoon. I found 22 cents. there was some light rain.
   I didn't do much with job searching today, as I decided to do more with cleanup around my home. it meant going through a bag and getting all of those articles sorted and into envelopes. it was really helpful to get things more organized. not much was put in the shred box, but this still might happen. in the evening I got a better look at boxes I hadn't touched in a while, and labeled those that weren't labeled yet. I have them grouped better than before, and now I have some put away. others have been moved around so I can go through them soon. I did go through a box labeled 'food wrappers'- and got the aforementioned envelopes in there. the food wrappers were from visits to foreign countries. they are in a bag now. it is helpful to go through things to get a better idea of what is there. hopefully I can throw out a decent amount. I have heard before how things not used in a while are not needed. there is still the matter of what I do with books not in boxes or in a bookcase, but if I end up emptying some boxes that might solve the problem. with all of the moving around of things, I also got in and did some sweeping of the floors. the main thing I did on the job front was review some emails from my advisor. there was plenty of attachments that were sent.


No comments:

Post a Comment