Saturday, June 20, 2020

asgard vintage baseball cards

this was a day for errand running, and it meant returning the DVD, dropping off recycling, a haircut, and going to the grocery store. but also notable was going to a fed-ex office as I recalled some items there from a March visit that interested me. I just recall them being baseball-related. I get there and find out they are reprints of vintage baseball cards. it is from the 1909 cigarette card set, which the rare Honus Wagner card is from. I bought 2 of the 4 plates , they were 5 dollars each. I said it worked better on my budget to get 2 at a time. there are 8 cards on each plate, and one these first 2 I recognized the name of just one player, Ty Cobb. As I recall when looking at them in the store, there is a Cy Young card on the other 2 plates. some of them are minor league players, as I see city names such as Buffalo, Newark, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. I know the later 2 were in the Pacific Coast League then. these cards are nice to have, as the color is good on them. In the end I know I like these more than a calendar, as a calendar is something I would look at for just one year. I waited just over 3 months to get these first 2, so my guess is the other 2 will still be there in a week. there is mention of Carl Sandburg donating a card collection to the library of congress.
    the haircut was in the late morning, a temperature check was done before I could go back. first time in a long while at a cost cutters, I had been going to a sport clips but the closest one to me is closed. and I have no idea when it might re-open. I went to get the baseball cards after the hair appointment, then it was on to the post office. I was able to pick up just 2 e-bay orders. in the third envelope there was just the receipt but not the item I had ordered. I sent a message to the seller about it and the order was canceled and I was refunded. thankfully this doesn't happen too often. during the walk to the post office I picked up 56 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment