Saturday, June 27, 2020

snickers ice cream bar

tonight I went to hy-vee in eagan after the evening meal. I bought 10 items, and one of them was a snickers ice cream bar. it was all right but not as great as I had hoped on the taste. I wanted some ice cream I could consume right away, without a spoon. the wrapper had stars and stripes on it, so a patriotic theme. this makes sense as the 4th of July is coming soon. I also noticed a difference on the sales taxes again when doing the self-checkout. there was tax on the reese's peanut butter, but not the kit-kat. much like with the potato/tortilla chips, same section, same company. so it doesn't make sense. I really like reese's peanut butter so I am fine with paying the small amount of sales tax. It was discounted to a dollar, so the tax was just 8 cents. when I got home I did a walk, and picked up 27 cents. not much postal mail, just an advertising card that I threw out. I am fine with how the mail volume has dropped. there is much less junk mail due to ending most of my magazines and memberships. I think Thoreau spoke of 'simplify', guess that is what I am trying to do.
   at work it was a busy day, but I got caught up by the end of the day, the normal leave time. I decided to do just half of the waiting UPS labels and then go to lunch as it was 1:30 by then. this is probably the final day of having the trainer there, so now we will see how it goes when I am there by myself. it has been nice to have somebody to advise me, but I am ready to go it alone now. I was shown how to do the bank branch deposit, finding the checks scanned to another department on a list that was supplied. it was rather simple to find them by the amount, in most cases. it helps to be organized on where to find the checks as well, as the trainer created another stacker or bin for the documents that have been scanned. this is easier to handle than just putting them in a manila file.
  the 'big bang theory' reruns were when then friends clean out an office, followed by raj and anu being 'on again-off again'. after raj spoke with his dad.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment