Thursday, June 11, 2020

cool the food down

when I was young my old man said the salt was 'to cool the food down'. well I saw another thing today that was serving this purpose, a box fan. the trainer took a late lunch because of machine problems and having to call for repairs. he ran a burrito in the microwave oven and said it was too hot, so he used the fan. I decided to take my lunch earlier, due to meetings. except the one on my online calendar didn't last long, and I was left wondering why I was a part of it when it didn't seem to pertain to me. colleagues of mine were thinking the same thing. I said it to the trainer, after I had confirmed that the phone was on mute. there was another one scheduled after it but we decided not to be part of it due to the machine problems. it meant hand stuffing some envelopes. some checks were not sent out, after getting permission from the boss, but most still were. it helped that there were two people handling the checks.
   in the evening I went on a walk, and early on I saw some scattered baseball cards near a dumpster. I could tell they were from a while back, as one of them was a montreal expos player. I did not claim any of them, but I did pick up 26 cents. the 2 'big bang theory' reruns were when leonard and penny get engaged, followed by Sheldon and amy on their honeymoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment