Sunday, June 14, 2020

finding a letter opener

I decided to get started on cleanup again, and this time it meant looking at some of the five boxes from the office, that is the job I was laid off from more than 2 years ago. it was nice to find some items I can use, such as a letter opener. I had been using scissors, serves the purpose but not as well. I am finding some supplies that I kind of forgot I had. I got the idea to send some of them to my niece, who might need them for school. there are plenty of post-it notes, notebooks and note pads, as well as pens and pencils, can't forget paper clips and push pins. I was at that office for a while, so no surprise how there would be some accumulation. some things I displayed on walls in my cubicle, but this would be hard to do at my new job. so some postcards I put into a photo album, and the unused ones I can mail when needed. I found plenty of charlie brown items, and they were put next to rest of my stash of similar items. there was napkins as well, so I really don't need any of these for a while. I emptied just one box, so it leaves four more to look at. I would have liked getting farther, but only got started in the afternoon and at least I got something done. I looked at the two boxes that had been opened previously for whatever reason. all had been sealed with tape when I left the office. so this leaves three that have been sealed for a while. I have a good idea of what I might find in them, but I expect some surprises as well. I said 'I don't believe it' when I found a few things today that I figured were lost for good. I was big on saying 'move it to the office' for many items, one reason why I had so many boxes when I had to leave that job.
    I also decided to look at what was in the three book cases I have, but it led to one of them partially collapsing. so I decided to just throw out the part that collapsed, much like with another book case. guess you get what you pay for when it is 'some assembly required'. the book case in question is now just laying on the floor, it had been stood up.
   In the morning I wanted to see some of the charlie brown specials from the emmy-nominated DVD collection that I had just picked up over the weekend. so I watched two of them, they were 'what have we learned?', and 'why, charlie brown, why?' the former was a sequel of sorts to one of the movies, 'bon voyage'. I don't think I had seen it before. the latter I had seen on TV before, but I think only once. it was about a classmate of charlie and linus having leukemia. so this narrows the list of specials to find to six, out of the more than 40 listed on Wikipedia. the remaining ones appear to be the hardest to find, or at least they are the most expensive when trying to order them online. in the late afternoon I went on a long walk and found 2 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment