Tuesday, June 30, 2020

darn those socks

I got tired of a hole in a sock, big enough for my big toe to poke through. so I decided to get out needle and thread and closed the hole while watching the 10pm news. I understand this is called 'darning' a sock. I have done this before, and for the same reason. I wanted to save some money, since it is way cheaper to mend than buy replacements. this is especially true for those that are rare, such as the st. paul saints baseball pair, or the ones I have on now, bought at the airport in Iceland in 2012. nothing wrong with being frugal, and I have been cutting back on shopping outings to mostly just food now. when I searched the term online, I found mention of 'darn good socks'.
  at work there were problems with the sealing machine or 'stuffer'. so the trainer was called in and I would like to think I learned something. the first error was cleared, I was shown how the middle parts need to have the sensor to match up. then the other error that happened later on was apparently due to bad envelopes, only partially sealing. so a service call was made, although they will not arrive until the next morning. it didn't take all that long to get caught up, even though it was a high volume day. since the check printer was still working fine, I saw that all the checks were printed when the files dropped onto the dashboard. there was a request to pull out a check, going to a state government agency, it was for over a million. I sent it inter-office since there was another check going to the same place, the other check arrived in the return mail. the trainer was in for about two hours and then went home, and shortly after that it was lunchtime for me.
   in the evening I went on a walk after eating and picked up 2 cents. the 'big bang theory' rerun was when sheldon went to the 'zone zone' and leonard had a dream about eating people. I fell asleep after work and missed the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment