Tuesday, June 30, 2020

neil young bands

at the open-mic tonight there was a musician that was right before me in the lineup and asked what song to do as his last one of the set, a cover or an original. I said I was fine with neil young, or even something from one of his bands. but he hadn't heard of bands he was in, such as crosby stills nash and young. or even the one before it, Buffalo Springfield. he's just a kid, but one would have figured he would have heard of these bands. another performer asked him if he had heard of paul mccartney, and he was the one that spoke of Buffalo Springfield. I have some of their songs on CD, from movie soundtracks. from buff, it is 'for what it's worth' on the movie 'Forrest Gump'. for CSNY, I have 'taken at all' on 'up in the air'. there are other songs that CSNY is likely better known for, especially the one about the kent state riot of 1970, 'four dead in Ohio'. I am familiar with how this band would change names based on whether or not neil young decided to be in the band, so at times it was 'CSN'. as a soloist, I know neil doing songs such as 'rocking in the free world', which was in a michael moore movie, and 'heart of gold'. for my set, he ones that got the most reaction were stories about seeing a deer as well as the music in the movie 'Arkansas'.
   this was my first day at work on my own. I think I did fairly well, but needed help on some things that I wasn't too familiar with. one of those was the deposit on refund checks at the bank branch. the printout arrived and the same figures was on it compared to Friday when we found all of the checks. so I didn't need help with that, but when my boss emailed I asked if we needed to do a check on the final totals to see if they were accurate. and who I am to send the deposit tickets to for approval. this led to my trainer being summoned into the office, which helped with asking what to do with some of the incoming mail. there was another item, a magazine, to be left at the desk of a manager. near the end of the day, I had to ask if we could send an overnight envelope to Canada, and we can. but it was the first time doing so, and I wasn't sure how to have the provinces pop up. it was a field I had taken for granted when all previous envelopes were domestic. I stayed a few minutes past my normal leave time, but I got all of the highest priority tasks done. the remaining items can be done the next morning when I am waiting for big check files to drop. after eating in the evening I went on a walk and found 2 cents. the 'big bang theory' reruns were when sheldon spoke of compromises, followed by one about two visitors from fermi lab in Chicago.


No comments:

Post a Comment