Friday, June 5, 2020

final day of curfew?

I saw no mention of extending the curfew beyond tonight. I was out walking in the evening and this time I saw no national guard personnel just before 10pm, unlike the previous night. I found 2 cents on the walk. the 2 reruns of 'big bang theory' were about Sheldon visiting his mom in texas, with howard as company. it was followed by Sheldon visiting a reclusive scientist, with all of his 3 friends.
  at work I finished with 3 more online courses, so now just 2 are left. I actually 'abandoned' one because I was getting too busy. a repairman arrived to handle one of the check printers, I did my best to pay attention about what to do with it. I want to avoid as many machine breakdowns as possible. I felt bad about the mail machine stopping a few times, but the trainer said it was envelope placement, needing to have all of them at an angle. so I think the most important thing is trying to learn from any mistakes I am making.
   I sent a few messages through facebook. one was from a coworker from my time in suburban Chicago. I let her know about finding where I wrote down that she had her baby, the kid is now a teenager. another was to a college roommate that still lives in iowa city, who I guessed was expressing concern about the recent riots in the twin cities. there was also one I sent to brawler to tell him the working from home for a month on test scoring went well. last one was right before I started it. brawler seemed delighted to hear I am fine and landed the gig at the bank. I said I was still trying to find the shortest commute possible, at this point it appears to be the lone remaining concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment