Thursday, June 25, 2020

mattress in dumpster

I noticed there still was a twin sized mattress on the grass near the road, when I drove home from work today. not sure how long it had been there, but I finally decided to do something about it. so I got out my gloves and moved it into the nearest dumpster, which was fairly close. it meant moving it end over end to get it there. when I did a walk in the evening I picked up 16 cents.
   at work it was busy as usual. I stayed a few extra minutes after stamping out, having noticed there were some checks left in the stacker. so it meant running the machine again to do the last batch, which was 63 checks. I got sidetracked when the trainer said we hadn't pulled out a check that was for taxes to a county in california. it would have been better to put the invoice in the stacker to remind me, since there was two files dropped during the day for that business line. I lucked out on finding it, the 6th check I looked at when checking the box of completed ones. and it meant wheeling the cart back in from where it is left at the end of the day, and cutting off zip ties for one of them to get the last batch in there. not a big deal, I hadn't left yet. I started thinking about it right after getting back from the bathroom. did it save my job? maybe. I know it is a business line that must go out same-day. and it didn't take all that long to do.
   the 'big bang theory' reruns were when leonard had surgery, followed by a paintball game with all of the friends and stuart was skittish about moving in with denise.

No comments:

Post a Comment