Tuesday, June 2, 2020

lockers and shower stall

I was heading out from work and noticed in the bathroom how there was lockers and a shower stall. I mentioned it to a colleague but he didn't know why it was there. I was sent with some UPS envelopes to be put in the pick-up bin. actually the trainers changed. a pregnant lady had been training me but she touched her stomach more than once, she was in pain. she left in the early afternoon, and said she is due in october. the second trainer likes gaming, and was doing pokemon go. the I-9 form was done this morning, I checked my email and the receipt code was there so I presented it to my boss. then it was a copy of the passport and that was it. still probably need to register for health insurance, but one email said if I didn't I would be enrolled in a 'default' plan, whatever that will be. I said it was hard to just watch so I did get involved a little. I did things to do such as clear a jam from the machine, and when the envelopes were done I moved them from the belt to the mail bin. I am told it is harder to train me early in the week, at least in terms of me participating, when it is a higher volume. sounds like some duties are 'inherited' from other departments because some are working from home. not sure when they will be returning to the office. I did a walk during lunchtime, around the block to get a better idea of what is out there.
   when I was going home I drove past a walgreen listed as damaged by the riots, one I have been in. there was some plywood up in place of the windows, and graffiti as well, but it appeared to be open for business. I didn't need anything so I didn't go inside. I was tired so after I ate I laid down and fell asleep for a while. I got out and took a short walk around the area, and found 18 cents, all pennies. the bus stop said the curfew was extended, starting at 10pm. the news seems to be returning to some sense of normalcy, as there was weather reporting. but in some ways it was necessary due to the thunderstorms in the area. 'big bang theory' reruns were sheldon not wanting a table, and the one where bill gates was a guest star.


No comments:

Post a Comment