Tuesday, June 23, 2020

rolls royce collector plate

I did a quick walk during my lunchtime at work and saw a rolls royce parked outside a car repair shop. it had a collector plate on it. I got a picture of the car as you don't see a rolls that often. it was sunny and a little breezy at midday. in pop culture, I recall a rolls royce being mentioned in a book I read when I was young. it was called 'from the mixed up files of mrs. basil e frankweiler'. and the runaway kids got a ride home in a rolls royce after meeting her, a week after they went missing. even though the volume of checks to print was higher than monday, about 6,000 today, we got it all done. there was even a team building dial in meeting in the afternoon, it lasted about 15 minutes. except I felt lost during the call, likely because I am new. my boss called before then, I fielded the call but it sounded like he wanted to talk to the trainer more. so I relayed the message to the trainer that the boss wanted a call when he was available. I said I feel fine about doing the work, as I now have exposure to nearly all of the normal duties. I started doing the UPS labels this week, and this really only leaves doing the weekly deposit at the brank branch inside the same building.
  in the evening I went on a walk and picked up 48 cents. the 'big bang theory' rerun I watched tonight was when billy bob thornton was a guest star. I tried to watch the second one but decided to lay down and fell asleep. the news was on when I woke up. still doing a little cleanup here and there. this week I was looking at the iowa hawkeye stickers taped onto a door going to the kitchen. I got them all at alumni events for free. there was six, some were in the boxes I just had opened up recently from a former office job. but some were essentially duplicates, so I cut three of them and filed two more away with other stickers. so now just one is on display.


No comments:

Post a Comment