Saturday, June 6, 2020

together, sia

I saw a target commercial recently and heard a catchy song in it, had to search it online. found out it was 'together' by sia. she is brilliant, and not her first target commercial as she also did one for Christmas of course. the video has plenty of bright colors in it, appears to be all of the colors of the rainbow. it shows various people dancing in it, in one scene all of the dancers are kids. the commercial it is in is called 'we can take it higher', honoring target team members graduating from high school. the song is also in a movie, called 'music'. I found the cast list on IMDB, and it includes kate Hudson as well as hector Elizondo. this explains why I see hector in the music video. the movie is slated for release in September, and sia is listed as a writer, as well as director. sia was known for doing really soulful, but also kind of sad, music. so it is nice to see her doing happier, more uplifting music such as this song, 'together'. one of the cards I have ordered from e-bay was of sia, from the 'garbage pail kids' collection, called 'can't see sia' as she is known for hiding her face.
   I wrote down a to-do' list on a post-it and got most of it done today. some things were not available due to the virus. it looks like jc penney stores are not open yet due to the virus. I have gift cards to use, and they just announced the locations that will be having liquidation sales. another was the bank, where the branch in neighborhood is open to the public by appointment only. so the coins have to pile up a little longer if I am unable to use the change counter. it would be nice to get a haircut as well, but when I got a look at one place no further updates. I think the governor is allowing hair salons to open in less than a week. this still leaves plenty of things I did get done, such as placing another amazon order. I used up all of the gift card money I had for a charlie brown DVD, the emmy nominated collection. I was confused at first how the order wouldn't go through, then guessed I was short due to the taxes. so I got out my debit card to pay for the remaining 46 cents. I also ordered my license plate renewal online for my car, and did an oil change in the afternoon. I walked to the post office and there were 3 orders to pick up, so it left just one of them outstanding. and of course there was also the visit to the grocery store, looks like they are back to normal operating hours so they are open a little later in the evening. I went there after watching the news, it was just starting to rain. after I ate in the evening I called my college roommate, the science major, who now lives in des moines. I liked how we covered various subjects, much of it was sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment